2014年6月12日木曜日

About my concern as a college student


About my concern as a college student

 

Do you accustom to college? It has passed for about 2 month since we entered Nanzan University. I am getting used to this university. However, I have a lot of concerns as a college student of Nanzan University. From now, I will show you the concern I worry the worst and solution to overcome it.

First, let me tell about my concern. I am so worried about English conversation skill. Honestly, I had been learning English conversation for long years. However, it was only once a week and there was a few opportunities to talk with foreign people. Nevertheless, I had a confidence to speak in English because of the long English career and that was my favorite thing. However, almost all the people major in British and American can speak English very well. Therefore, I lost all the confidence of speaking in English. Moreover, I can not say any good opinions when we discuss something, so I want to speak English more fluently and I want to discuss something very well.

Second, I want you to show solution I do. I try to go to World Plaza, there, we should speak only in English. When I go there, I try to speak more and more English and I also try to say my opinions. There, of course, I can’t speak Japanese, so I try to speak everything in English. It is a good stimulation for me.

In short, I can’t speak English very well. However, I go to World Plaza and I want to be a good English speaker who can say own opinions, too.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Hello, Sayaka!!!! How’s everything going? I have just read your blog and I didn’t know that you have concern about your English skill. I can really understand how you feel because I have the same problem as you. You know, I have been to Australia and stayed for one year when I was 16. In my high school, my case was not usual and everyone admired me a lot. So I had self-confidence of the ability to speak and listening to English, but after I entered Nanzan, I found that everyone in British and American have great English skills!!! I lost my confidence, too!!!
    I agree with your solution because I think World Plaza is a really good environment to use English. I often go there and talk with my friends, too. When I go there first time, I thought it was hard to speak only in English and I wanted to use Japanese when I couldn’t tell what I thought, but now I want to talk with people in English more! Thanks to World Plaza, my English abilities have been improving, I think. If you have any time, let’s go to World Plaza and talk with me in English!!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi Sayaka. I really feel you. I have the same concern as you. As you know, there are many students who have been to or lived in foreign countries in our department. However, we don’t need to worry about it. It is sure that our English skill is inferior to their English skill, but that’s not because we don’t make an effort to improve our skill, but because the opportunity to speak English is fewer than their opportunity, so if we keep making an effort, our concern will disappear.

    返信削除
  3. Hi Sayaka!! I read your blog and I really feel sympathy about what your write. But I think you are good speaker. Actually I have few time to talk to you in English, but your writing is SO GOOD I heard from someone that writing relate with speaking in particular. So you don’ t have to lose your confidence. And I want to learn from your attitude to go to World Plaza. It will help you to grow up your English Conversation skills. I want to talk to you in World Plaza someday!!(93words)

    返信削除
  4. I know you often go to Would Plaza and talk with your friends. I sometimes go there with you. I have never thought you couldn’t speak English well. However, I respect you because you want to improve your English ability, and you carry out what you can do to solve the concern. I want to go there with you more times and improve my English ability, too.

    返信削除