2014年11月11日火曜日

TOEFL Whether I agree the idea that children should start learning a foreign language very early or not?


TOEFL Whether I agree the idea that children should start learning a foreign language very early or not?

 

Nowadays, it is becoming international societies. Then, do you agree with the idea that children should start learning a foreign language very early? I agree with the idea and I will show you why I think so.

First, if we start learning English early, our listening skill must be higher than others. Actually, although I have been learning English conversation since I was three years old, my English skill is low. However, of course, it brought me good effects. I learned it only an hour and once a week, but my listening skill is better than my other English skills. It is because I have listened to English something since I was a child. I think listening skill might not be high in a short time, so learning English early is useful to develop our listening skill. In short, if children start learning English early, we can develop our listening skills.

Second, if we start learning English early, we can make our outlook broadened. When we learn English, we sometimes need some knowledge about foreign countries. For example, I knew Halloween or Easter is connected with Christianity when I was in a kindergarten because I did Halloween or Easter event at English class. Religion is one of the most important parts to learn other cultures. I also learn many things about foreign countries. These knowledge made my outlook broadened. In short, if children start learning English early, we can make our outlooks broadened.

In conclusion, as I said, we can get many advantages if we start learning English early. Therefore, I think children should start learning English early.







 
 



 

3 件のコメント:

  1. Hi, Sayaka! I think I have a lot of chance to sit next you. I enjoyed your article and interested in your idea. I also think learning English makes our outlook broadened. In my case, I could know better and more interested in the problem and history of South Africa thanks to the class in this university. If we start learning English in our childhood, we could learn about various things better than now. As you said, it makes great advantages, so I will make my knowledge and interest broadened through learning foreign language.

    返信削除
  2. Hello. I read your article with surprise because I had never thought this topic like your opinion. And now, I could understand why I am a little better at listening English than other skills such as speaking or writing English because I had often listened to English CDs since I was an elementally school student. And the cultural reason you said is also convinced me that children have to learn English earlier.

    返信削除
  3. Hello, Sayaka. I’m Erino. I enjoyed reading your article. Although I have a different idea from yours, I was impressed by your opinion, and I agree with parts of your suggestion. Exactly, skill of listening foreign languages will not be high soon. I have tried to improve it hardly, but it is very difficult. Though I think children should not study foreign languages so early, I have to rethink my opinion. [71 words]

    返信削除