2014年12月9日火曜日

What is the most urgent issue Japan is facing


These days, declining birthrate and growing proportion of elderly people has been one of the serious problems in Japan. The news says that the proportion of elderly people will become over 30 percent. I believe it will make more serious problems. Then, I will show you why I think so.

First, declining birthrate means decreasing the population of the generation which work the most, such as 30’s and 40’s. It makes economics bad. Now, Japan has huge sum of debt and we should pay off. However, if the population of working people decrease, we cannot pay off. It will be a serious problems. Japan will happen to become on the verge of collapse like Greece and Spain. If this things happen, people will become panicked. That is, decreasing the population of the generation which work the most will make Japan collapse.

Second, as increasing the proportion of elderly people, burden of tax young people have to pay will be growing. In other words, young generation should pay tax for the pension, medical expenses, nursing care insurance expense and welfare expense of the elderly people. A few young people will become to have to support many elderly people. It will make the strength of Japan weaker. In short, if the popular of elderly people increase, burden of young people will be higher and the strength of Japan will be weaker.

In conclusion, declining birthrate and growing proportion of elderly people will cause many problems as I said. Therefore, we should think this problem carefully and take steps to cope with the situation. (261 words)

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hello, Sayaka! I read your article. I agree with your idea that declining of the birth rate. I also suggest that if the rate keep declining for the long time, as you said, the number of worker will decrease and the economy in Japan also will decline. It may be impossible to stop declining the birth rate, but we have to try to keep the number of worker no to collapse the economy. I believe that improving the welfare for the parents which has their children may be one solution of the birth problem.

    返信削除